The Level 3 snow emergency declared by Putnam County Sheriff Mike Chandler remains in effect. Winds at 20 to 35 miles per hour are causing significant blowing and drifting.
Level 3 means that all roadways are closed to non emergency personnel.
No one should be traveling unless it is absolutely necessary, or if a personal emergency exists.All employees should contact their employer to see if they are to report to work. (not the Sheriffs Office ) Anyone driving needlessly may be subject to arrest.
WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EST TUESDAY... ... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
* MOST OF THE ACCUMULATING SNOW HAS ENDED BUT GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED TODAY. THIS WILL CAUSE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WHICH WILL LIKELY KEEP MANY ROADS IMPASSABLE OR RESTRICTED TO SINGLE LANES.
* TEMPERATURES WILL DROP DRASTICALLY THROUGH THE DAY WITH READINGS DROPPING INTO THE TEENS BELOW ZERO. DEADLY WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 30 BELOW AND 45 BELOW ZERO CAN BE EXPECTED THROUGH TUESDAY.
* ROADS ARE SNOW COVERED... SLICK AND HAZARDOUS. SIGNIFICANT DRIFTING SNOW WILL CAUSE ROADWAYS TO BE PARTIALLY OR FULLY IMPASSABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.
* VISIBILITIES MAY BE REDUCED AT TIMES DUE TO THE BLOWING SNOW. NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS MAY OCCUR.
* FROST BITE AND HYPOTHERMIA WILL OCCUR IN A MATTER OF MINUTES WITH THESE EXPECTED WIND CHILLS. DEATH WILL ALSO OCCUR IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ALONG WITH DEADLY WIND CHILLS ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. &&